27 October 2006

d'oh

Due to an overwhelmingly underwhelming response, the party has been postponed indefinitely. I still have a extra case of beer to take somewhere and drink with people, so let me know if you're interested. It's ice cold and will travel anywhere in the greater central PA region on very short notice.

So I just decided that I really want to see Flogging Molly play this weekend. I bring up their website, and see they're doing a show tomorrow night in Duluth, MN. I think "oh, that's just past chicago. I could probably round up a couple crazy fuckers to drive out there on short notice." Then i plug it into Google Maps and realize that yeah, it's just as far past Chicago as Chicago is from here. Chicago might actually be doable. An hour past Chicago might be doable in some crazy world. But 1200 miles is, to quote the Book of Armaments, right out. So no molly flogging for me this weekend. Maybe in a few weeks when they have their new tour dates up and are within an 8 hour drive on a saturday. That will be one helluva kick ass weekend.

I dunno what's up with me... I have a sudden desire to do all sorts of reasonably crazy shit. I mean, i don't want to go kill hobo's or anything, but for some reason an 8 hour drive for a band I like doesn't seem as crazy to me as it would have 2 months ago. Maybe the whole going-to-another-continent with no real plan paid off in breaking me out of my mold. Could also be the positive influence of meeting new people for the first time in years. Either way, I'm now officially on the lookout for something as far away as Chicago, although Boston, NYC, DC, Philly, and Baltimore might be a little more realistic. But c'mon now... Duluth? That's just too bloody far away. I feel bad for those poor kids up there when I realize the wealth of places I could get to after work on Friday for a saturday night and still be home in time for work on Monday.

That's enough google map playing for one night. Come back tomorrow for something totally new and exciting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home