23 October 2006

ok

I think the practice is kicking in... the more I write the more I want to... last night, I popped in Achtung Baby!, the third CD I ever bought waaay back in 1993, and played what I think are four of the best songs put together on a CD since the original Bat out of Hell - Trying to Throw your Arms around the World, Ultraviolet (Light my way), Acrobat, and Love is Blindness.

It recently came to my attention that there are people who don't like U2. And not in the "they need to shut up about politics and stick to music" sort of way. They actually don't like U2 for their music. I was surprised by this, because I had never met anyone before under the age of 40 who didn't like U2. Ok, so, it is possible, since I wouldn't have had reason to bring it up with all of the people under 40 I've ever met, and besides, that would be sort of wierd. Come to think of it, no it isn't. great ice breaker. I'm apparently already stuck with a group of friends who don't like the boys from dublin, but I can avoid this problem in future by asking people their opinion on the band.

(That whole last paragraph was written in parensethes before I realized how silly that was.)


It might be that I want to write more, but I don't really have anything to say so I think i'll get ready for work now. In the interest of adding value to my blog for you, I'll leave you with a video.



Update - 30 seconds later... my page counter tells me I have at least 2 or 3 readers, and I would love just tiny little "hi this is bob" comments so I know who you are. Unless I'm being cyberstalked, which is ok too as long as I don't find a bunny rabbit on my stove.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home