10 May 2007

On nostalgia...

Wow... two posts in two days... although after 100 days straight with 3, i doubt anyone's still reading.

Anyway, this is a quickie. I just wanted to put it out there that, while I didn't make many friends in high school or college, the ones i did meet - and i could use both hands to count the total for each - i consider friends for life.

The sad bit is that i don't really talk to many of them. Mostly my fault - they don't call me either, but i can't blame them because I'm not picking up the phone myself. Regardless, I'm always excited to have plans to see someone. Such is this weekend. Unfortunately, of the "less than 20" people referenced in Paragraph #2 above, this weekend is not one of the girls. So the search for my lady-life-partner continues.

Ehh... there's always Joy "crab-man/Jaime Pressley" Hickey to keep me warm on those long cold nights. Or someone who isn't blonde. Not that i'm opposed to blondes, i just find that I enjoy the contrast of white skin and non-white hair in a visual, aesthetic way. And suddenly i'm painting myself some sort of racist preference here, and that is totally not me, although i think white-liberal guilt is the only reason i even notice it. i'm going to stop now, since i know my white liberal guilt has already gotten me into trouble. Earlier today, i started to expound on the horrors of Darfur. I'm still ashamed by the number of people who don't understand what you mean when you simply say "just look at darfur." It is an embarrassment, and i feel compelled to fight it on a personal level.

out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should all be aware, even if just peripherally, of what is happening in the world. Darfur is by all means happening, and no matter how long I wonder I can never understand why it is allowed to continue. If George Clooney can't help then who can?

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home