04 May 2007

grrrr

20-some days... I actually started a post earlier this week, but then my internet died and i ended up losing it(my fault - not google's), and here we are.

Very big accomplishments (for me) here lately - a kid who lives near my parents managed to smash one of my tail-lights riding his bike. It all worked out, though - the kids' parents were the ones who told me it was broken, and they paid for the replacement, and then I took the little adventure of actually replacing the part. In retrospect, it was about as easy as you could hope replacing a tail light would be, but i'm still extra-proud of myself because I've never done anything even slightly mechanical on my car before.

(I would have said "uber-excited" in that last paragraph but don't know how to make the two little dots over the U. any help?)

I also had some help from the best-neighbor-ever with my car stereo, and now i have an AUX 3.5mm input and can listen to the ZUNE in my car! I'm finally listening to some of the stuff that I zuned but never got around to. Modest Mouse, Galactica, Panic! At the Disco, gnarls barkely, fat boy slim, fall out boy, bare naked ladies' "Sing Everywhere for Everyone" album series.

I would like to propose a marketing strategy to Microsoft free of charge. Now i know, aftermarket stuff is a way to increase revenue on the Zune. However, microsoft needs something big to kick start this puppy. I would propose that i'm not alone in that most of the music i listen to is in the car. The parts for my little zune install project cost me $50 - there was a $30 proprietary plug for my pioneer, and an overpriced $20 best buy RCA-3.5mm cable. I bet Microsoft could get those much cheaper. Why not include them with the Zune? Not actually in it, because not everyone has a pioneer stereo, but a certificate you can take back to car stereo and cash in, and maybe a discount on installation there in store if, like me, you previously had no idea how to get the stereo out of your car.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home