23 February 2007

On Slippage

And so the slippage begins... 3 weeks since I last wrote. I knew this would happen sooner or later, and must fight to not let it continue because I thoroughly enjoy writing my little inanities here.

First, a link to the Washington Post column I referred to last time. It does an excellent job of explaining exactly why "articulate" can be such an offensive compliment.

Up next, lighter fare. As i type this, my mom, brother, sister-in-law, and two nephews are somewhere in the middle of China, moving ever-onward towards their newest family addition, Wren. They've been trying to adopt Wren for about 2 years now, which is strange because she's less than a year old. They flew to Beijing last week, and come home in two weeks. In the meantime, I'm staying at my parent's house helping my dad take care of the puppy. It still boggles me that she is, now, 16 weeks old, is up to at least 45 lbs, and has at least 60 lbs left to grow. Martha is huge, and sweet as the teddy bear she resembles. At least, as long as she isn't piddling behind the sofa while staring at you with big innocent eyes that do nothing more than blame you for not taking her out sooner.

Don't worry, i'll have pictures soon. Probably not of the piddling, though.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home