03 March 2007

new respect, and the re-visitation of old paradigms.

It's been a very long week. Puppy remains a completely exhausting joy to be around, although i'm genuinely afraid she's going to injure herself pulling on her collar. I've also had a chance to catch up on some netflix. Imagine my surprise when a movie that's been in my queue with a "long wait" for two months, and is still in my queue on a long wait, is available now for my mom. So I finally got my hands on the Protector, and I have to say, Tony Jaa is the successor to both Jet Li and Jackie Chan. Together. Yeah, he's that good. Aside from astonishing you with the possibilities of the human body, it's not a very good movie - as one review put it, "The touching story of a boy and his elephant." I think his character was supposed to be retarded, maybe like Rain Man - you know how dustin hoffman got for Wopner? Well, picture that, only focused on getting his elephant, and kicking lots and lots of ass to get there.

Also watched Cecil B. Demented, which was enjoyable. Maggie Gyllenhal is always enjoyable, and the sequel to Forrest Gump needs to be made. Complete with Kevin Nealan. I'm telling you, it's gold just waiting to be mined. We need to get on this.

Finally, I need to revisit an old post. A few weeks ago, I decided to finally list out my top 5 favorite movies. Now, I need to bump that up to six. And the excellent part is, following the alphabetical order used before, this one comes right at the top.

I saw Black Snake Moan last night, a.k.a. The touching story of a retired bluesman and the half-naked nympho white girl he keeps chained to his radiator. I'll need to see it again to be sure, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that, for right now, that is my all time favorite movie. It was fantastic. Sam Jackson was as good as he's ever been, Christina Ricci was amazing, and (i can't believe i'm actually writing this next bit) it left me excited to see Justin Timberlake's next movie. Yeah, that good. I think that boy's going somewhere.

now the dog needs to tinkle, so i'm off to the tundra.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home