26 August 2007

why i love penny arcade

I am not a gamer. I want it to be clear that, while I own a PS2 and have a WII readily available to me at all times, I am not a gamer. I play occasionally, and only with a few specific games. This past weekend, while visiting my young nephews, I was reminded of the joy of the WII, and actually played the Cars movie-based game for the first time. It was oodles of fun. And yes, I used the word oodles. They wanted to play NFS: Carbon, but i talked them out of it because it was a little too much for me, and I had visions of frustrated and upset 5 and 9 year olds, who just wanted to play and were bored to tears by the cut scenes and car selection nonsense.

What i'm getting at is that, while I'm not a gamer, I enjoy game-related culture. I can relate to these people, and so enjoy reading gamer-based webcomics like ctrl-alt-del and penny arcade. There are links to both on the right-hand side of this page, if you want to take a gander. I just wanted to specifically point out this page, a penny arcade news post, as a prime example of why I enjoy the strip so much. The style, the content, and the witty insights keep me coming back even more than the strip itself.

Enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home