04 August 2007

Old timey movie marathon

Maybe marathon isn't the best word, but i like it. Being just slightly embarrassed at making it an entire week without seeing the new Simpsons movie, I was resolved to make it today. When i checked the times, I saw that the two hour long Bourne movie started at 1, with a Simpsons showing just after 3, so i spent my entire saturday afternoon at the multi-plex.

First, let me say that the Bourne movie lived up to the hype -- it was tight, fast, and action packed. The only legitimate complaints about it involved the use of hand-held cameras throughout, resulting in an almost sea-sickness-like visceral feeling in the action scenes. I also know that lots of movies have claimed "best car chase" honors, including both Bourne predecessors, but I have to give the title to this one. The idea is that Bourne was turned into a deity-in-the-flesh, and Matt Damon pulled it off to perfection.

And the Simpsons movie... the highest praise I can offer is that it didn't suck. It lived up to the zany/touching/cleverness that the series is rightly known for, and is an honorable mention in the canon of The Simpsons.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home