07 November 2006

On predictions

I just made a prediction to my roommate that I want to permanently enshrine. Senator Obama was on the tv, and I said "he's going to be the next president of the US." She declined, saying she thought it would be McCain. After a brief tussle, I explained that while I like McCain, and a lot of other people like McCain, I don't think he can get through a primary to actually make a run in November, 2008.

I'm going to expound on this here. I think that as a party, the republicans have moved too far to the right to pass McCain through the primaries for a national referendum. From the way this election is shaping up tonight, the dems are moving to the middle, or will if they know what's good for them. Assuming they can put forward a reasonable candidate in the mold of what's winning rounds tonight, they should have a walk in two years.

Here's to keeping your fingers crossed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home