08 November 2006

On good news, new discoveries, and vindication

three points to hit before bed.
First, the Good News - Virginia has been called for Webb, meaning the dems have taken both the house and senate. Finally, the checks and balances have been restored.

Second, new discoveries: a good friend recently recommended I check out the show Weeds. The first season was recently released on DVD, and thanks to netflix I have the first disc. I am completely hooked, and cannot wait for the rest. Granted, I'm a sucker for smart, funny shows that are a little outside the mainstream, but still.

And that leads to vindication. Deep down, I know I'm about as vanilla a white boy as you're going to find. However, I like to think myself as being kind of 'out there.' You know, ahead of the curve, aware of what's what and such. This leads to a bizarre little sense of vindication when I'm watching a tv show and recognize one of the songs. In this case, it was Flogging Molly's If I Ever Leave This World Alive at the end of an episode of Weeds. I'm not crazy - i don't feel anything special when they play Beautiful Day at the end of a movie when the guy finally realizes how badly he's screwed up and wakes up ready to turn his life around. But when it's something I know your average person on the street, or at least the average person I know, wouldn't recognize, I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home