10 January 2008

41,500,000

So i wake up this morning, and literally as soon as i roll out of bed i'm checking my e-mail. As happens every sunday and thursday morning, i have an e-mail from powerball. all i can see before click the link is "info - powerball - 2 - 13" and my heart skips three beats.

see, when i play powerball, when the jackpot gets over 100 million (making the cash payout, the only sensible option, $40 million+, I play the same 6 numbers: 2 3 13 21 42 7

only getting 5 of those numbers can be worth 100 thousand dollars. that's enough to roll around naked in singles.

so just seeing those 2 numbers, i had a moment of "oh shit oh shit oh shit" because i didn't play this week. This week, this thursday, if the e-mail said "2 13 21 42 7" i'd have to slit my wrists, because that would mean that not playing my numbers this week cost me 100 thousand dollars. I'm not sure i can live with that. i think i'm now permanently indebted to playing my numbers twice a week, every week, because now i know that heart stopping moment when i get the e-mail and think "shit. i knew i have should've given that bitch at Karn's my dollar this time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home